Quotes: because I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't be either pandering to my paranoia or egotistical (the fact that they're both equally likely probably says something anyway).
"My good reason to carry a knife is that God gave me rather weak teeth and rudimentary claws in an evolutionary trade-off. The hairy-armed person who figured out how to put an edge on a suitable rock made it possible for us to be recognizably human in the first place. I wear a wristwatch whether or not I have an appointment to keep, and I carry a pen and/or pencil because I am a literate person whether or not I have a specific writing task ahead of me, and I carry a knife because I am a human and not an ape. A knife comes in handy for all sorts of random tasks that involve separating matter. Like cutting a string, or making a sandwich, or opening a package. It can also come in handy in an emergency, which need not involve a human assailant, and emergencies are by their nature unforeseen, so one should carry a knife all the time. And in a perfect world where nobody needed a weapon, I'd probably carry a slightly larger knife, because it wouldn't scare people." -- James K. Mattis
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it's real 'cuz that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for awhile. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question "is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered and they come back to us and they say "hey, don't worry, don't be afraid - ever -because this is just a ride. And we... kill those people (laughs). (in a different voice) Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real. (normal voice) It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. D'ya ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter.... because, it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no jobs, no savings of money.... a choice right now between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world right now... to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space.... together.... both inner and outer.... forever, in peace." ~Bill Hicks. RIP.
And, although I don't really see myself as a satanist, I quite like these(although with an amount of personal interpretation):
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
And some random snippets:
Dolor ad tempus est. Sanatur vulni. Cicatrices amantur a scortilis. Gloria aeternum est.
Si hoc Legere, nimium eruditionis habes.
Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. - Robert A. Heinlein
.‘If you find someone who has a long white robe and talks about the sun a lot, then you might have found a Druid . . . if the person you’ve found has got a slightly shorter white coat, with buttons up the front, then it may be that he is an astronomer.’ -Douglas Adams.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Frank Harbert's "Dune".